Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Specialist
Marine Atlantic provides a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Come experience the pride of working with a diverse organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for future sustainability.
Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include
- competitive salaries
- defined benefit pension plan
- comprehensive health and benefit packages
- extensive professional development and training opportunities
Marine Atlantic is currently looking for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Specialist to work with our Organizational Effectiveness department. The successful candidate may choose to work from our North Sydney, NS or Port aux Basques, NL location.
Marine Atlantic is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Preference may be given to members of the following under-represented groups: women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and 2SLGBTQIA+ community members. If you are a member of one or more of these groups, please state to which group(s) you identify in your application.
The Organizational Effectiveness department is responsible for leading and managing the delivery of a wide range of learning and organizational development and effectiveness services and programs .
Reporting directly to the Organizational Effectiveness Manager, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Specialist's main responsibility is to lead strategies to integrate our DEI values throughout Marine Atlantic's culture using innovative solutions that broaden perspectives and strengthen our ability to serve our diverse community by providing leadership in the creation and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
Additional Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develops and implements a multi-year DEI strategy.
- Works closely with divisional partners to ensure the development, implementation and review of division specific DEI strategies.
- Project manages the implementation of DEI recommendations and initiatives.
- Supports the planning, development and delivery of learning and development around issues of DEI.
- Serves as the subject matter expert and works with senior leadership to support and provide guidance for the implementation of DEI recommendations and initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Communications team on DEI communications.
- Coordinates/promotes DEI events and programming.
- Serves as an active listener to employees to gain insights into current concerns and direct staff to appropriate channels and resources as needed.
- Contributes to safe and respectful spaces to facilitate DEI related discussions and to encourage an inclusive culture.
- Ensures that the diversity, equity and inclusion framework is integrated in decisions, policies and programs with a focus on identifying and eliminating systemic barriers and inequities.
- Administers employee surveys on DEI and other related tools.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Pay Equity Plan as required by the Pay Equity Act.
- Supports the administration of the Employment Equity Questionnaire across the organization.
- Ensures Marine Atlantic's compliance of the Employment Equity Act, Pay Equity Act, Multiculturalism Act and completes the relevant required regulatory reports.
- Serves as a key resource for Marine Atlantic's Psychological Health and Safety Advisory Committee
- Chairs the Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee
- Develops, implements and administers Employee Resource Groups
- Supports and works closely with the Workplace Relations Specialist
What qualifications do I need to be considered for this opportunity?
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree with a major in Business or a related field.
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar Human Resources role.
A combination of equivalent education, job-related training and experience in a related position.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills including verbal and written communications skills, presentation and training skills, facilitation skills and listening skills.
- Ability to develop effective working relationship with and influence all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish trust and a reputation for discretion and sound judgement and advice
- Highly developed analytical, critical thinking and time management skills
- Proficient user in Microsoft applications
- Ability to work in a confidential environment with confidential information
- CPHR Designation
- Harassment Investigation Training
Salary:$81,850.94 to $102,313.68
Why work for the Marine Atlantic team?
As part of the Marine Atlantic team, you will participate in a variety of ongoing training programs and development opportunities to navigate your career and chart your course for success. We provide a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes diversity, employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include competitive salaries, defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health benefit packages, and professional development opportunities. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for the future.
How do I become a part of the team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online before 4 pm (Atlantic Time) on 7 December 2022.
All applicants must apply online:
- Marine Atlantic recognizes the importance of vaccination to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 while continuing to provide an essential service to the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. All employees are required to follow Marine Atlantic Covid-19 protocols. All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and authorized based on one of the prohibited grounds of discrimination as defined by the Canadian Human Rights Act. As part of the recruitment process, proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be required or the necessary documentation to provide an approved accommodation.
Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada.
At Marine Atlantic, we are dedicated to building and fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, where all employees and customers feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Marine Atlantic invites applications from all qualified candidates and hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principles of equitable employment for all and strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and 2SLGBTQIA+ community members. If you are a member of one or more of these groups, please state to which group(s) you identify in your cover letter, resume or application.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format or to discuss alternate ways of completing the online application, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department, in confidence, at [email protected].
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the recruitment process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department, in confidence, at [email protected].