New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Community College Instructor, Automotive Service Technician in the Skilled Trades Exploration Program, which is located at the Woodstock campus. This is a casual employment opportunity, from January to March 2023, with weekly hours of 36.25 hours.
When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
Collaborating with and reporting to the Manager of Professional Learning, you are responsible for planning and preparing instructional materials and resources; establishing and managing a positive learning environment; instructing and evaluating students; building and sustaining professional relationships with students, colleagues, community partners, and stakeholders; as well as other related duties.
Specific instructional areas may include, but are not be limited to:
- Vehicle Service and Repair
- Automotive Engines
- Fuel Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Essential Skills
- Shop practice
- Customer Relations
- Other Trade-related Subjects as Required
You will be willing and able to integrate technology and active student learning techniques into teaching practices
- A high school diploma, or equivalency, and a valid Automotive Service Technician Red Seal license with recent and related work experience
- A working knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to inspect, diagnose, maintain and service current model vehicles in the automotive service industry
- Preference may be given to candidates who have three (3) years of recent and related work experience at the Journeyperson's level.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience teaching in a post-secondary environment.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- A competitive salary range of $28.39 to $40.00 per hour. Successful candidates may be eligible for a higher maximum step, up to $43.68 per hour, based on their level of post-secondary education.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees. We provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE - Education (Instructional) collective agreement for the College.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed application, with a resume, online by December 7, 2022. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt