3 Term Part Time Position
- Digby Site One 15 hours per week
- Burrige Campus One 20 hours per week
- Shelburne campus One 15 hours per week
Commencing approximately January 2, 2023 and ending approximately March 31, 2023
Application deadline is 11:59PM, December 1, 2022
Competition No. 2022-473
Salary range: $37,904.92 to $43,372.62 annually, prorated to the position.
What you will be doing…
The Program assistant will be responsible for the day to day operation of the CUBE innovation space Reporting to the Principal, and taking functional direction from the Program Coordinator for the CUBE, as the Program Assistant, you will:
- Provide thorough training, cleaning and maintenance of the CUBE space equipment and maintain safe, work environment in all areas where students, staff and the community are working
- Maintain inventory control for the CUBE supplies as well as the timely ordering of materials to suit curriculum requirements
- Ensure preventative maintenance procedures are carried out on equipment.
- Ensure compliance with safety and quality control requirements by following safety policies, procedures, and practices
- Assist the Program Coordinator in the preparation, and offering of workshops and CUBE site programming
- Maintain professional and courteous relationship with all staff and provide effective customer services for all users of the Cube Space
What we are looking for…
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC's mission. You bring a learning-centred perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a relevant post-secondary diploma or certification in the field of IT, business and or technology.
- In addition, you possess training in WHMIS and Occupational Health and Safety regulations as well as Standard First Aid, CPR and discipline relevant safety training or you have a willingness to obtain .
- You have a minimum of 3 years (full time equivalent) of recent and related occupational experience in an innovation and entrepreneurial setting.
- Occupational experience that includes use of 3 D printers and basic programming would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail and other design software applications.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work
- Experience in training/facilitation preparation, delivery and evaluation would be considered an asset
- Experience supporting/providing service to students and prospective students would be considered an asset3D )
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator both written and oral
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to planning, scheduling and delivering workshops to a variety of audiences.
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in customer service
- You are dedicated to life-long learning with a willingness to learn to use new equipment and technology.
- You show a strong commitment to community involvement
Work With Us
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia's economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publicly accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. NSCC campuses are located on the traditional territory of the Mi'kmaq People. Nova Scotia Community College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, members of racially visible communities and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact David Meister, HR Generalist at [email protected] Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here: https://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/policies_procedures/index.asp.