A proud part of the Bell MTS family of companies, Epic specializes in delivering a full suite of IT services to help Manitoba businesses succeed. Whether our customers are looking for managed, cloud, or professional services, they can count on our team of technical experts to deliver the solution that is right for them.
New employees at Epic enter a dynamic workplace operating in a sophisticated, high-technology industry. To put it simply, we challenge our people every day to embrace change and innovation. We also recognize that talented, creative people have many options when choosing where to pursue their careers. Our company offers a wide variety of career development paths and we constantly invest in our people.
The bottom line: we're looking for innovative, flexible, team-oriented individuals with an appetite for the excitement and constant changes of the IT industry.
Epic specializes in the creation and management of information technology solutions for business. Our goal is to be the information technology partner of choice for each of our customers. We are proud to be part of the Bell MTS Family group of companies. We know Manitobans best and deliver a full suite of solutions that meets their unique needs and are focused on delivering the best experience at every interaction.
As part of epics Managed services team, the Consultant, ICT Systems Engineering, network and security is responsible to assess, identify, and solve network and security related issues in complex infrastructure environments.
The Consultant provides Architecture, advice, guidance, as well as design, implementation and support for Network and Security Systems in client environments. The Consultant will configure and maintain network infrastructure, create security policies, both written and logical, and will communicate effectively at various levels of enterprise, both internally and externally.
Job Duties & Accountabilities
- Develop, design and maintain a security policies and protocols
- Analyze, design, advise, implement and develop supporting documentation, policies and procedures to support SMB and Enterprise Network and Security environments
- Implement and maintain security tools and services
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security
- Running diagnostic tests and performing repairs, as well as developing backup, archiving, and data retrieval procedures
- Identify security issues and develop protection remediation plans
- Monitor and analyze network and security systems, identifying, planning for and fixing weaknesses and inefficiencies
- Lead and monitor security compliance efforts
- Regulate system access, developing firewalls and testing processing systems to ensure security measures are in place
- Recognize and produce creative solutions to improve systems, networks and security features
- Monitor and analyze systems, identifying, planning for and fixing weaknesses
- Investigate incidents and create solutions
- Perform hands-on support for various technologies
- Create written reports and present them to various stakeholders
- Liaise with various departments and agencies to uncover and manage deficiencies, especially those related to network and security
- Provide guidance to staff on technology issues when needed
- Performs other related duties and completes special projects as assigned
Critical qualifications and competencies
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience
- CCNA or CCNP R&S/Security an asset
- Any Certificates from Cisco/CheckPoint/FortiGate/SonicWALL will be considered as an asset
- Experience with Next Generation Firewalls: Cisco, Checkpoint, Meraki, ASA, SonicWall
- Experience with Microsoft Server Environments, VMWare/Hyper-V/KVM Virtualization considered an asset
- Experience creating detailed solution designs
- Experience in design, implementation, and support of enterprise environments is also considered an asset
- Previous experience as a Security Analyst performing network penetration testing is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to build relationships with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software and hardware related tools and infrastructure
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills
- Service oriented, adaptable and resilient
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- A Valid Driver's License and access to vehicle is required
- Travel within Manitoba may be required
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 12/02/2022
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Epic is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.