Req Id: 401891
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
About the Role:
The Bell Media Digital development team is distributed in a number of smaller of domain specific teams that have a focus on brands that have closer affinities. For example, one team focuses on the development and operation of the Entertainment and Lifestyle brands while another team focuses on News brands and a different one looks after Sports brands. The brand domain teams can also count on shared systems development teams that offer common components without forcing any teams to use them. This allows reusability of code and assets across multiple brands while allowing teams to operate autonomously at the pace of their respective brands.
Reporting the Director, Software Development, the Senior Manager of Software Development in accountable for the systems, processes and team that support a group of brands. The role spans across the full stack of technology, from back end APIs to Client-Side Integrations in mobile, apps and connected devices. The role also spans the full service lifecycle from idea to production support and retirement of legacy services and technologies. The specific group of brands assigned for this role will be discussed during the interview process.
The candidate is also expected to foster the use of agile methodology in the implementation of the development and release process, and embody our Network 3.0 values that encourage collaboration, making problems visible, and supporting and serving our employees and customers.
The position demands a senior, seasoned technology professional with exceptional oral and written communication, influence and coaching skills, a strong sense of ownership, and an orientation towards fostering effective teams that are continuously improving.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develop and support a team of 10 to 20 professionals with technical skillsets
- Keep a 3 year strategic vision for the team
- Drive vendor results via strong relationships and strategic exchanges.
- Contribute to drastically improve the Bell Media customer experience
- Manage team capacity and strategic budgets
- Implement and continuously improve team processes
- Sponsor or contribute to cross functional business initiatives within the broader Bell Media Digital team
- Support and grow team morale
- Ensure 24x7 operational support and stability of services and applications
Critical Skills/ Competencies:
- Strong leadership skills and extreme accountability qualities.
- Vendor management experience
- Ability to lead in a dynamic high growth, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to learn a fast pace
- Strong communication skills, capable of partnering and working in broader team
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a team leader role
- Strong customer experience focus
- Strong coaching skills, values development of team members
- Solution Architecture level technical skills in software development, containerization, virtualization & cloud computing, database, networking as a strong asset
- Experience with the Mobile Application ecosystem (Apple, Android)
- Experience with the Smart TV and 10 Foot Device ecosystems. (AppleTV, Roku, AndroidTV, Xbox, PS5)
- Experience supporting 24x7 production systems and services
- Experience managing a team that believes in Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment vision, tools and processes
- University degree preferably in Engineering or Computer Science
- Can use office tools such as PowerPoint & Excel in a PC or Mac environment
- Bilingual skills a real plus
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 12/30/2022
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.