COMPETITION #: 2022-60662a - External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Radiation Oncology
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Radiation Therapist
CLASSIFICATION: Radiation Therapist 2 (RD01/RD02)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Rotating, TEMP: December 5, 2022 to July 3, 2023, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $39.16 to $46.83 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid in accordance with Appendix B as per MSP collective agreement article 2.01(d))
A Radiation Therapist 1 is a graduate of an accredited Canadian school of Radiation therapy who is eligible for certification with the CAMRT and works under the clinical guidance of a Registered Radiation Therapist (RD02)
A Radiation Therapist 2 applies high energy radiation to cancer patients according to established treatment and imaging guidelines. Focusing on the delivery of quality patient focused care utilizing a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach. While assisting the Oncologist in all aspects of the simulation of treatments with CT/MR simulator.
- Graduate of Canadian accredited school of Radiation therapy
- RD01 must be eligible to write their registration exams with the CAMRT, while an RD02 is registered with the CAMRT
- Physically able to perform assigned tasks
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
- Performs appropriate quality assurance, using approved procedures, on their treatment unit, and records results. Notifies physicist if there is any deviation noted.
- Provides image guided radiation therapy treatments for cancer patients using evidence-based treatment guidelines.
- Provides patient focused care utilizing linear accelerators and HDR brachytherapy unit.
- Assesses clinical condition of patients on treatment daily and advises physician or radiation therapy nurse as required.
- Maintains accurate treatment records, perform chart summaries, and daily review of treatment.
- Radiation Therapist 2 provides clinical guidance, training and orientation to the Radiation therapist 1
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 30, 2022.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-60662a -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.