On behalf of our client - World Energy GH2, Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently seeking an enthusiastic Community Liaison - who has strong community connections and aims to showcase their knowledge and passion for Newfoundland and Labrador's west coast communities - to join their team and help harness Newfoundland and Labrador's wind energy and to develop the fuel of the future team.
Who We Are:
World Energy GH2, an affiliate of World Energy, will harness Newfoundland and Labrador's wind energy to develop the fuel of the future. World Energy GH2's Project Nujio'qonik aims to be Canada's first commercial green hydrogen/ammonia producer created from 3+ Gigawatts of wind energy in one of the world's best wind resource regions.
As World Energy GH2 focuses on completing environmental studies, advancing this new industry in Atlantic Canada, and contributing to climate change mitigation on a large scale, an outstanding team is required to support and develop this innovative project.
About Project Nujio'qonik:
The Mi'kmaw name for Bay St. George is Nujio'qonik. Pronounced 'new-geo-ho-neek,' it means 'where the sand blows.'
Project Nujio'qonik is a consortium of Canadian partners with strong local expertise. The partnership is investigating the feasibility of the construction and operation of cost-effective green hydrogen/ammonia from wind power on the west coast of the island of Newfoundland, in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. The team has conducted initial technical surveys, feasibility studies, and permit applications, and is engaging with stakeholders in the proposed project areas. To deepen our commitment to open, transparent community engagement, we seek a Community Liaison.
Who You Are:
Reporting to the Stakeholder Relations Lead and based in a community information office on the West Coast of Newfoundland, the Community Liaison will help build a community presence for the project, manage the information office, work collaboratively with the project team and partners, respond to community inquiries, and host meetings and information sessions with community members
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Engage with local communities and partners to share information about the project.
- Prepare and conduct onsite presentations.
- Effectively network to build and maintain successful relationships within the local community.
- Attend community and business events, career fairs, and applicable activities, as needed.
- Develop and maintain reports that track community questions, comments and interactions.
- Manage the information office, including ordering supplies, maintaining the space, and hiring staff or support, as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for visiting World Energy GH2 partners and executives.
- University degree preferred
- Relevant community engagement experience
- Proven knowledge and understanding of local cultures and communities
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Experience using discretion with confidential matters
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Established connections with community members and groups
- Energized by accomplishing goals
- Proactive, highly motivated, and effective under pressure
- Work well independently and with a team
- Driver's license
If you are an enthusiastic individual who has a passion for green energy, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.