New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking dynamic and competent individuals for the position of Clinical and Lab Instructors in the Practical Nurse and Personal Support Worker programs at the Fredericton and Saint John campuses. These are casual positions for the period of January 2023 until June 2023, with weekly hours varying depending on need.
When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and by our important role in social and economic development.
Collaborating and reporting to the Academic Chair, as a member of the faculty team, you will be responsible for planning and preparing instructional materials and resources; establishing and managing a positive learning environment; instructing and evaluating students; building and sustaining professional relationships with students, colleagues, community partners, and stakeholders; as well as other related duties.
You will have the knowledge, skills, and ability to teach Personal Support Worker and/or Practical Nurse students in clinical and lab settings. The instructor will also teach, supervise, counsel, guide and evaluate students during their clinical rotations in a hospital, nursing home or in the community. This role may involve shift work.
The successful candidates will be willing and able to integrate technology and active student learning techniques into teaching practices.
- A diploma or degree in Nursing, or hold the designation of a Licensed Practical Nurse, with recent and related years of experience in acute care nursing
- The successful candidate must be registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick or be eligible for registration
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of current immunizations and criminal record/vulnerable sector check
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience teaching in a post-secondary environment in a blended format
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees
- A competitive salary of $28.39 to $40.00 per hour. Successful candidates may be eligible for a higher maximum step, up to $43.68 per hour, based on their level of post-secondary education.
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees and provides free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE - Education (Instructional) collective agreement for the College.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
NBCC requires proof of vaccination for those employees working in vulnerable settings as a condition of employment.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. To ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
We welcome you to submit a detailed application and resume online by November 29, 2022. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted further.