At MCA, we see the uniqueness of every individual and believe that having people who reflect the full spectrum of skills, background, identity and lived experience is essential to our success. It enriches our decision-making, fosters creativity and innovation, and keeps our viewpoints progressive and socially aware. We strongly encourage applicants from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
MC Advisory (MCA) is a boutique firm based in Atlantic Canada that combines both global and local experience to support the growth and development of Atlantic Canada. Drawing on the distinctive history and experience of McInnes Cooper as a leading Canadian law firm, MC Advisory is an innovative service that offers a fresh perspective to leaders and business owners in Atlantic Canada. We are growing and looking for the skills of an experienced People & Culture Senior Advisor to join our team.
You are a champion of diversity, equity, belonging, and accessibility with a demonstrated track record of embedding inclusive strategies and practices within your organization and working with clients to collectively create a culture in which all can thrive. You are adept at capacity building, collaboration, business and relationship building, putting to effective use your background in strategic human resources, organizational design and development, HR innovation, EDI leadership, and change leadership. Balancing strategic thinking with a desire to roll up your sleeves and get things done, you will have a depth of experience in business development and human resource excellence.
- Provide strategic advice to clients related to workforce planning, HR strategic planning, and talent management.
- Conduct workplace assessments and investigations with follow up interventions such as mediation, facilitation, conflict resolution or alternative dispute resolution.
- Assist clients to champion the employee experience through a DEI and culture lens.
- Provide practical and valuable human resources advice to clients related to labour relations matters in unionized and non-unionized environments.
- Identify and develop new client relationships to support the growth of the people and culture service offering.
- Ongoing monitoring of the service offering to clients, ensuring service excellence throughout the client lifecycle.
- At least 10 years of human resources consulting and/or management experience at the middle or executive level.
- Experience in human resources policy and program development
- Experience in employee and labour relations (unionized and non-unionized)
- Experience interpreting legislation and labour agreements
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Solid critical thinking and business acumen
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely from a home office and travel throughout Atlantic Canada is required.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in business or a related discipline is required.
- A CPHR designation and bilingualism (English and French) are preferred
Work With Us
The People & Culture Senior Advisor can be based in any location within Atlantic Canada, with driving proximity to one of the locations where McInnes Cooper operates. Working from a firm-supported virtual home office, the People & Culture Senior Advisor must have the ability to travel.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be an early joiner of a fast-growing professional services startup based in Atlantic Canada and focused on Atlantic Canada. At MCA, our purpose is accelerating the growth and development of Atlantic Canadian organizations, services, and communities. If you are seeking a chance to work with an exceptional team, be at the table to help shape the development of the firm, and immediately be an impact player supporting the development of our client's organizations please apply online.