Kelly Cove Salmon Ltd., a division of Cooke Aquaculture Inc., a dynamic and growing east coast family company, with Platinum Member status in the Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, is offering a unique opportunity for highly motivated individuals to join the Company's Saltwater Team on Grand Manan, NB.
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
As a result of our robust growth, we are hiring Saltwater Aquaculture Workers to join our team. The ideal candidates will be self-motivated team players willing to work flexible hours and schedules.
The primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and operating the feeding systems.
- Report any observed irregularities in stocks.
- Grid installation and inspection/repair.
- Marine cage and net installation and removal.
- Operate, maintain, and clean aquaculture equipment and enclosures.
- General site maintenance including net washing.
- Operation of boats for aquaculture operations.
- Grade and weigh aquaculture stock.
- Harvest assistance as required.
*Applicants must hold or be willing to obtain a Marine Emergency Duties (MED) certificate .
This is a labour-intensive position, requires standing for long periods of time; applicants must be comfortable working in outside weather conditions on both aquaculture sites and aboard maintenance vessels.
Experience within the aquaculture field would be considered an asset but not required as on the job training is provided.
Hourly wage, is based on experience/education, and begins at $18.00; complimented by a competitive health and dental benefit package.
* We offer flexible work rotations for those who do not wish to relocate but are interested in working a rotating schedule (week on/week off). This includes company housing while on shift, Coastal Transportation fare, and competitive rates.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to work within the parameters of the role but to reach your fullest potential. We are a team that is driven to succeed. We count performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of a growing, global leader in seafood and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
* As per company policy, a criminal background check is required.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.