As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell's leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
We are looking for a technical expert specialized in SVS (Storage Virtualization Systems) & VMWARE technologies but also having knowledge of Windows and Virtualization. As a member of our specialists team, you will need to understand the environments of Bell Canada and its customers. Your responsibilities will be to support our clients' server infrastructure, actively participate in continuous improvement, automation, and development of an "Infrastructure as a Code" orientation.
This position is for you if...
- You are looking for an evolving team focused on continuous improvement, automation, agility.
- A team that transforms, experiments, takes risks while trusting its members
- Opportunities to innovate by working on different technologies?
Do you want to share and improve your technical knowledge, Communicate with confidence, see problems as learning opportunities and consider the success of the team as a priority? If yes, we would really like to discuss this collaboration opportunity with you!
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
• Support for large SVS; VMWARE server environments: troubleshooting, proactive management, security management, backups, operation and optimization.
• Help support virtualization environments, including VMware products and backup / storage components.
• Help manage and support SVS environments.
• Plan and implement operating system changes, software updates, and upgrades to new versions and required security patches.
• Provide assistance on projects involving new deployments of RHEL and Windows servers using department standards and practices.
• Understand system performance metrics / reports and maintain systems capacity and performance.
• Examining and interpreting alarms and proposing the necessary corrective measures, incident management and analyzes (in accordance with sectoral and contractual requirements) to satisfy our customers.
• Proactive in continuous improvement and active participant in automating recurrent actions.
• Produce and revise the documentation of the systems under its control.
• Work in accordance with ITIL standards.
• Support for a 24/7 environment with pager rotation. Possibility of working outside office hours according to customer needs (Deployments, incident management)
Critical Qualifications and Competencies:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience administering SVS systems in a production environment. Microsoft certification an asset.
• A solid knowledge on different versions of SVS, Windows, RHEL and Active Directory • Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, IIS.
• Mastery of DNS, DHCP services
• Someone who understands automation and orchestration tools like DSC, Group Policy, Ansible and Code Management (GIT) tools.
• Software development skills and experience with PowerShell, Python, Perl, C / C ++, etc.
• Powershell scripting experience. Bash, Python are assets.
• Knowledge of RedHat. Certification an asset.
• Good knowledge of VMware technologies. Hyper V, KVM an asset.
• Solid experience in backup technologies such as NetBackup, Commvault.
• Knowledge of LEMSS, EPO, CA-UIM are considered assets.
• Knowledge of network and firewall concepts.
• Knowledge of security principles (hardening)
• Knowledge of HP servers and HP enclosures is an asset.
• Knowledge of SAN and NAS environment management is an asset.
• Knowledge of AWS, Azure are assets.
• Excellent analytical skills
• A person willing to go beyond to satisfy our customers.
• A person with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 12/16/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.