NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 4 - North-West
FACILITY: Grand Falls General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Respiratory Therapy
CLASSIFICATION: Respiratory Therapist (RT03)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Manager of Respiratory Therapy and Electrophysiology, the incumbent will be responsible for the planning, organization, implementation and coordination of the chronic pulmonary disease management program for the zone. In addition to coordinating the prevention, screening, management, treatment and support activities for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, the incumbent will act as a liaison officer between the hospital and community settings and the Extra-Mural Program (EMP) to ensure optimal patient management.
- Member of the New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists (NBART);
- BLS (basic life support) certificate and maintenance of certification;
- Certified national educator in the respiratory field, which includes asthma and COPD;
- At least three years' clinical experience in the assessment and management of chronic pulmonary diseases;
- Demonstrated ability to apply clinical knowledge to the management of pulmonary diseases based on severity, including the complications and impacts on the emotional, psychological and social health of the patient and their family;
- Ability to develop policies and procedures based on best practices;
- Ability to write and implement care plans;
- Ability to perform respiratory therapy techniques;
- Proven ability to critically analyze and solve problems;
- Planning, organizational, prioritization and time management skills;
- Ability to teach patients and health professionals;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Knowledge of the self-management skills to be developed and supported in patients;
- Ability to apply motivational interview principles;
- Ability to build productive partnerships and appreciate counterparts;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relations that are conducive to welcoming and caring for clients and to effective communication;
- Demonstrated ability to integrate recent research work into clinical practice;
- Knowledge of the health care system and ability to help patients and their families navigate the system;
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills;
- Skills using computer tools and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken knowledge of English and French is essential.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.