At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
Events East Group, is now inviting applications for the position of Marketing & Communications Coordinator with our Marketing and Communications team.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, this role will primarily support and coordinate content creation, promotions and marketing activities for Scotiabank Centre.
Implementation of Scotiabank Centre's digital strategy, which includes:
- content development and community management of all social media platforms;
- management of website content and user experience;
- development and management email marketing and fan communications strategies; and
- on-call social media monitoring and coverage for events, including evenings and weekends.
Coordinate advertising campaigns and promotions for the venue and event organizers, including liaising with external suppliers, making recommendations based on target demographics and budget management.
Support partner/client engagement activities including project management, event activations, promotional strategies and more.
Provide support for other marketing and communications initiatives including development of media material, speeches, newsletters, and other material as assigned.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with social media in a business setting.
- Superior project management skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Education & Experience
- University degree or diploma in commerce, public relations, communications or marketing or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected
TO APPLY: Please apply online via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com