Req Id: 398597
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We're proud to be Canada's leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
This is a leadership role within BBM in the Advanced Products & Solutions (APS) Organization reporting to the VP of Incubation. As the Director of Solution Architecture and Prototyping team, you will lead a team of solution architects and prototyping team working hand in hand with Product Management to drive business growth by identifying market opportunities and business development prospects that expand the core value proposition of our offering. You will drive the architecture specification to address the business problem and then realize it through the actual implementation to drive Proof of concept and pilots with customers.Key Responsibilities
- Drive architectural specifications for all new incubation concepts leveraging the requirements from product management
- Translates business domain understanding and context to technical capabilities for technical architects and development teams
- Accountable for collaborating with business stakeholders to understand business requirements, identify solution gaps and available capabilities, and define solutions to meet the business need. Ensures that use cases and process models accurately portray the business needs
- Ensure work scope is maintained and solutions are implemented.
- Responsible for examining the current systems architecture and working with business and technical staff to recommend solutions that result in more effective systems
- Evaluates potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open-source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
- Work hand in hand with Network and IT architects to ensure alignment with the architecture guidelines
- Work hand in hand with product management to take products from concept to reality driving pilots with customers
- Lead Solution architects and software developers focused on developing Prototypes to address the needs and challenges for our enterprise customers to drive growth for Bell Business Market (BBM)
- Remain actively involved through all aspects of product development lifecycle in collaboration with the domain Product Managers and other cross-functional teams
- Drive continuous improvement to improve incubation planning and delivery capabilities
- Coach and mentor, a team of Solution Architects and Prototype developers
- Cultivate strong relationships with Network, and IT (Engineering) to act as one team for product incubation
- Your team will maintain technology roadmap for incubation projects in the pipeline in collaboration with the cross-functional team
- Foster feedback, communication, and product development culture according to company values
- Drives an Agile delivery culture, advocating speed and agility, and acting as a change agent for Agile adoption
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Experience incubating products for enterprise customers
- Proven success creating enterprise focused products
- Expertise in application design/architecture, integration architecture development, enterprise application integration, and integration technologies solutions and standards.
- Ability to tie together complex solutions across systems in an enterprise landscape
- Experience working with, and learning, a variety of technologies including web and mobile
- Demonstrated success in building a team to innovate new software solutions for enterprise
- Ability to drive innovative products forward in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative and demonstrated leadership across functions and levels
- Extreme comfort with ambiguity, visionary
- Storytelling for executive buy-in
- Experience working in a large, matrixed organization. Ability to collaborate across groups and organizations
- Demonstrably strong written and verbal communication
#talent #tech #indeed #LI-JW1 #LI-Hybrid
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/22/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.