Vitalité Health Network is looking for Food Services Supervisors and Diet and Menu Technicians in its Food and Nutrition Services who are passionate about their work and wish to contribute to the health of our communities. Currently in a recruitment period, Vitalité Health Network offers rewarding opportunities and stimulating challenges.
After clicking on APPLY, follow the instructions on the web page and complete the questionnaire. Please note that you must attach a resume to your application.
SUMMARY OF THE VARIOUS JOBS IN FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES
Food Services Supervisor (2029): Reporting to the manager or their delegate, the supervisor contributes to providing healthy, nutritional, high-quality meals in compliance with the standards, policies and procedures of Vitalité Health Network, as well as the provincial laws. The work mainly involves assigning, supervising and coordinating the activities of Food Services: making schedule changes to meet service needs, conducting quality control checks (e.g., temperature checks), participating in employee orientation and performance appraisal, as well as planning, implementing and modifying menus and plans.
Diet and Menu Technician (2072): Reporting to the manager or their delegate, the technician contributes to providing healthy, nutritional, high-quality meals in compliance with the standards, policies and procedures of Vitalité Health Network, as well as the provincial laws. The main duties involve the following: establishes therapeutic menus based on individual care plans (e.g., renal diet, carb count, diabetic diet) and modifies them to ensure an adequate selection to meet the needs of patients, ensures that each menu corresponds to the prescribed diet plan and allergies and intolerances of the patient, meets with certain patients to find out the information necessary to implement the nutritional care plan, gathers information from family members, dietitians and nursing staff, and works in collaboration with staff from the nursing units, Clinical Nutrition and Food Services.
WE OFFER :
- Competitive wages :
Food Services Supervisor (2029): $25.2807 to $27.1335 per hour
Diet and Menu Technician (2072): $23.5374 to $25.2570 per hour
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that greatly contributes to the care of patients and clients;
- Flexible schedules;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Opportunities for advancement, training and professional development;
- Eligibility for a comprehensive health and dental insurance plan immediately upon hiring (full-time and part-time positions);
- Benefits: vacation, statutory holidays, various types of leave accumulated on a prorated basis for hours worked (full-time positions and part-time positions);
- Pension plan (full-time and part-time staff are eligible immediately upon hiring).
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- Recognized food and nutrition services management course or dietetic technician course or the equivalent;
- Computer skills (any menu management application, Meditech, Microsoft Office);
- Relevant experience in food service;
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks quickly;
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Inspirational leadership;
- Able to work under pressure with speed and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to Vitalité Health Network's professional ethical principles, management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
NOTE: Additional requirements may apply depending on the sector in question.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Keywords: Dietetist, menu, diet, nutrition