BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
JOB TYPE: Casual, Permanent full-time, Permanent part-time, Temporary full-time, Temporary part-time
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Bilingual essential
Vitalité Health Network is seeking cooks in its Food and Nutrition Services who are passionate about their work and wish to contribute to the health of our communities. Currently in a recruitment period, Vitalité Health Network offers rewarding opportunities and stimulating challenges.
After clicking on APPLY, follow the instructions on the web page and complete the questionnaire. Please note that you must attach a resume to your application.
Reporting to the manager or their delegate, the cook contributes to providing healthy, nutritional, high-quality meals in compliance with the standards, policies and procedures of Vitalité Health Network, as well as the provincial laws. The main duties are to prepare and cook meals based on food and nutritional requirements while meeting the hygiene and cleanliness standards of the Network, in collaboration with the members of the Food and Nutrition Services team.
WE OFFER :
- Competitive wages from $26.9759 to $28.9379 per hour;
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that greatly contributes to the care of patients and clients;
- Flexible schedules;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Opportunities for advancement, training and professional development;
- Eligibility for a comprehensive health and dental insurance plan immediately upon hiring (full-time and part-time positions);
- Benefits: vacation, statutory holidays, various types of leave accumulated on a prorated basis for hours worked (full-time positions and part-time positions);
- Pension plan (full-time and part-time staff are eligible immediately upon hiring).
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- Interprovincial Certificate of Qualification issued under the Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Act as a licensed cook. (Red Seal)
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Inspirational leadership;
- Able to work under pressure with speed and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
- Additional requirements may apply depending on the sector in question.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Keywords: Kitchen, cuisine, dishwasher, potwasher, Caraquet, Tracadie, Lamèque, Grand Falls, Saint-Quentin