At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Ultramar, Bluewave Energy, Pipeline, Chevron, Columbia Fuels, Island Petroleum, and Sparlings Propane.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We're also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Position Title: Network Administrator
Team and Location: Infrastructure and Operations - Toronto, ON, Montreal, QC, or Halifax, NS
Reporting to the Team Lead and Manager of I&O, the Network Administrator is responsible for the management and maintenance of Parkland's national network of data centers, performance hubs, cloud environments and branch offices to ensure high levels of availability and security in support of the business mission critical systems. The Network Administrator will lead the planning and establishment of policies and procedures to ensure network provisioning and maintenance is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as an escalation point and subject matter expert for all network tier 3 technical needs including firewalls, routers, switches, VPN services and network load balancers.
- Ensures best practices are in place in support of network security and C-SOX requirements including periodic testing and validation of configurations and safeguards.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to the Business and other IT Teams.
- Adheres to Change Management policies and procedures.
- Provide architectural guidance and direction in support of new system implementations and acquisitions.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical network services measured and reported through Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
- Maintains the network disaster recovery plan and performs periodic testing as required.
- Initiates continual operational process improvement leveraging ITIL.
- Vendor management and governance as it pertains to Parkland's LAN/WAN environments.
- Heavy emphasis on network documentation using industry standard tools.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years' network experience in a complex national organization with multiple sites.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, F5, zScaler and AWS/Azure network platforms.
- Comfortable engaging with MSP/ISP support and troubleshooting L2/L3 network issues.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
- Great organizational, project management, team building, and people skills.
- Ability to work with a range of technical staff and cross-functional teams to develop joint solutions.
- Ability to achieve efficiencies through workflow improvement.
- Strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology.
- Experience with network monitoring tools and real-time alerting.
- Familiar with PCI and C-Sox compliances.
- Highly analytical and driven to identify new opportunities or solutions.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- A flexible group benefit plan that offers health and dental coverage choices to meet the needs of each unique employee. Inclusive of life and disability insurances, Health Care and Lifestyle Spending options, and a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- An employee referral program - earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing. #LI-LT1