COMPETITION #: 2022-62513 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: 4BN Transitional Care Unit
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $35.34 to $44.77 per hour
Provision of nursing care to meet the individual patient's needs by utilizing the Nursing process.
- Current registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB)
- Recent work experience with the Geriatric population and patients with physical and mental health disabilities
- Excellent understanding of and the ability to implement the Nursing Process
- Ability to perform Charge Nurse duties and responsibilities
- Successful completion of or agreement to complete the Senior Population Education Course within one year
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrates competency within the RN scope of practice
- Ability to work as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and the ability to set priorities
- Effective communication skills with patients, families and the public
- Current CPR certification
- Completion of annual recertification requirements i.e. CPR, WHMIS, etc. and willingness to participate in ongoing educational opportunities
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 17, 2022.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022- 62513 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.