DEPARTMENT: NEV Dr.-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
BARGAINING UNIT: Vitalité Non Employee Other
JOB TYPE: Temporary full-time
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr. Léon-Richard Oncology Centre
DEPARTMENT: Regional Department of Medical Oncology and Regional Division of Hematology
CLASSIFICATION: Family Physician in Oncology
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: August 2022
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hours shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the direction of the Head of the Regional Department of Medical Oncology and the relevant Medical Director, the Family Physician in Oncology performs non-specialized clinical work in the provision of general medical care to oncology patients in the assigned area, to outpatient and inpatient clients.
The duties of the family physician in oncology include medical procedures related to the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of diseases and may require close collaboration with various health professionals.
- Diploma from a recognized medical school and residency with a family medicine license;
- A recognized medical school shall meet the following criteria:
Accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Faculties of Medicine (CAFMC) or the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) (United States);
List of a note from the Canadian sponsor in the World Directory of Faculties of Medicine.
- Training block for oncology clients considered an asset;
- Experience (1 to 3 years) with oncology patients is considered an asset;
- Any other combination of training and experience deemed relevant and equivalent may be considered;
- be licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick;
- Be an active member of the Canadian Medical Protective Association or an association offering equivalent liability insurance;
- Be a member of the New Brunswick Medical Society;
- Hold privileges with Vitalité Health Network;
- Be registered with New Brunswick Medicar;
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, patients and families, and visitors with tact and courtesy;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The salary for this position is sessional fees.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network's website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the City of Moncton's website.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.