A Better Way Forward for Your Career
Production Business Unit Leader
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
For over130 years, Michelin has innovated to improve the mobility of people and goods. Today, we are setting the benchmark across every tire and travel-related services market, while leading a global strategy to drive sustainable, profitable growth.
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc. is seeking an experienced Production Business Unit Leader to join its Bridgewater, Nova Scotia manufacturing team in the Bridgewater location.
The Production Business Unit Leader will be responsible for production activities within a 24 hour, 7 day-a-week facility, driving on-site employee performance towards the achievement of company business objectives relating to safety, quality, customer service, and cost.
- Provide leadership, support, and direction to 30-40 production operators,
- effective production planning and budget management,
- identification and implementation of process improvements,
- work with maintenance, quality, and continuous improvement teams to meet both daily production and annual productivity goals,
- participate in creating and supporting the annual progress plan by developing and managing towards key performance indicators,
- develop and implement employee coaching plans and work alongside your team to maximize their capabilities through effective performance management, and,
- monitor the short and long-term needs of the facility to ensure succession needs are met and employees are afforded opportunities for development.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or technical diploma,
- 5+ years of progressive production and people management experience,
- demonstrated experience in effective production and maintenance planning,
- knowledge and/or practice of Lean methodology as it applies to manufacturing,
- successful employee performance management (attendance, productivity, skill development, and talent management), and,
- successful production management (production, quality, cost, scheduling, budgeting, etc).
Work With Us
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
How to apply:
Candidates should clearly indicate how they meet the requirements listed above in their applications. We ask you to merge your covering letter and resume into one Word or PDF document.
Applications should be submitted before August 3, 2022.
Candidates selected to participate in the first round of interviews will be contacted via e-mail. All other candidates will be notified when the hiring process is complete.
Moving Forward Together: your career with Michelin
Michelin truly believes that business performance and the professional success of our employees go hand in hand. Our approach to career development reaffirms the values that guide us every day and expresses the mutual commitments that Michelin Group has undertaken to ensure everyone is able to find fulfillment in their role. Performance and potential are assessed with a view to the long-term and training policies allow each employee to continue to grow throughout their career, while helping to drive the company's development.
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits, comprehensive training programs, opportunities for advancement and a workplace that values and demonstrates its dedication to diversity.