Req Id: 380091
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell Residential and Small Business provides the most innovative, industry-leading Internet, TV and Smart Home products and services to Canadians.
The BRS Business Intelligence team collaborates with partners across the organization and provides strategic guidance supported with data. We work with the latest and greatest BI technologies like Teradata, SAS, Microstrategy and Hadoop. We enable better results through an integrated market view of customers and competition. Senior management and stakeholders rely on the timeliness, accuracy, integrity and interpretation of information provided to make critical business decisions.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence, the Developer will be responsible for the management and optimization of consolidated campaign and household reporting supporting BRS and Mobility marketing and sales teams.
This position calls for a dynamic and resourceful specialist with proven technical and programming skills, problem-solving abilities, and operational expertise. The individual will take part in analyzing business requirements, development, ensuring consistency of definitions and business rules and materially improve our household and campaign reports. He/She will build and maintain collaborative relationships while working with partners and cross-functional teams.
Finally, the successful candidate is a self-starter who continuously looks for ways to improve effectiveness in reporting processes as our business evolves.
The Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for processes and reports residing in our Unix and Teradata environments. They will execute the following tasks:
- Translate business requests into reporting solutions that enable fact-based decision making, ad-hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all main data sources for the data used within the business unit and effectively utilize these data sources for reporting purposes.
- Ensure data integrity by proactively monitoring trends, investigating anomalies and variances from a variety of sources throughout the organization. This includes working with partners to understand changes in strategy, and system initiated modifications or data issues.
- Participate in the overall project life cycle. Work with other Developers and Business Analysts to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Design and propose suitable solutions to the Business needs in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Utilize continuous improvement methodologies to proactively identify, recommend, and implement improvements to internal reporting processes and procedures.
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment while meeting all project deadlines.
- Take ownership and accountability for deliverables, communicate proactively and escalate when required.
- Act as a subject matter expert on household marketing support with a deep understanding of tools capabilities and technology infrastructure
- Ensure all database programs meet defined IT standards and performance requirements.
Competencies / Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in areas such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Analytics or other Bachelor's Degree equivalent from a recognized educational institution.
- 3+ years of experience working directly with data warehouses, including design and development of ETL processes, optimization, documentation, testing and deployment.
- 3+ years of experience with relational database systems (Oracle and PL/SQL Server).
- 3+ years of experience in SAS.
- 3 years of experience with Unix, NCR-Teradata.
- Solid experience with EDW environment.
- Extremely rigorous with regards to the data and information provided.
- Experienced with Agile / Waterfall development methodologies.
- Demonstrable history of cross-team collaboration.
- Proven ability to interpret data and communicate complex problems and solutions in clear and simple language.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines & handle multiple and/or changing priorities.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work on their own, with a minimum of supervision within a dynamic environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
· Experience with Bell's legacy and Grand Maison source systems and business rules
- Experience with campaign (Unica Campaign/IBM EMM) tools
- Knowledge of Bell Canada's Residential and Wireless Products/Pricing
- Knowledge of the telecommunications business
- Experienced in developing cubes and reports in Microstrategy
- Working experience in big data using Hadoop or cloud platforms, and related concepts and technologies
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 08/05/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Don Mills
#Talent #Indeed #Tech
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.