GEMTEC is a growing firm and we are continually looking for motivated and skilled individuals to join our team. We have created a challenging and inviting workplace, where individuals are provided the opportunity to gain a variety of experience and advance their careers. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
We currently have an opening for a full time Senior Terrestrial Biologist in the Atlantic Region. The successful candidate will have 8-10 years' experience in the planning, design and delivery of terrestrial field sampling programs/surveys relative to the assessment of avifauna, wildlife, vegetation - including rare plants, aquatics, wetlands, species at risk etc.
- Producing detailed documentation of field conditions, measurements and observations
- Working with required sampling equipment, supplies and environmental samples in adverse conditions (e.g., terrain, weather)
- Planning, design and execution of field programs/surveys relative to the assessment of avifauna, wildlife, vegetation (including rare plants), aquatics, wetlands, species at risk etc.
- Preparing high level proposals, reports and correspondence
- Other duties as required
- Minimum - Completion of an undergraduate degree in related field(s)
- Certified wetland delineator would be considered an asset
- Experience with environmental field planning and execution of programs, 8-10 years
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of provincial and federal legislation relative to biological components
- Prepare and review proposals, develop work plans and budgets and manage projects.
- Oversee the execution of project scope, budget, and schedule to meet client's expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience of provincial and federal environmental assessment processes
Work With Us
- Full time
- Travel may be required throughout Atlantic Canada for extended periods
- This position can be based in any of our Atlantic Canada offices
- Prior work experience in environmental consulting will be considered an asset
- Providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis in relation to local health guidelines and/or client requirements/regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Many of our roles qualify for reallocation assistance within Canada, please ask for more details
Interested individuals should apply by email to: [email protected]
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.