GEMTEC is a growing firm and we are continually looking for motivated and skilled individuals to join our team. We have created a challenging and inviting workplace, where individuals are provided the opportunity to gain a variety of experience and advance their careers. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
GEMTEC currently has an opening for an Intermediate Environmental Engineer/Geoscientist in our Ottawa office location. The position provides the opportunity to support and grow the existing Environmental team, in Ottawa. You will work with a team of engineers, and environmental scientists on a variety of environmental projects in support of infrastructure and land development, contaminated site assessment and management, and mine development.
Support multidisciplinary infrastructure and greenfield development projects through application of project management, problem solving skills and knowledge of Ontario Regulations (O.Reg 153/04, O.Reg 406/19, etc.).
Lead and contribute to proposals supporting GEMTEC pursuits.
- Lead and manage Phase One and Phase Two Environmental Site Assessments, including preparation of Records of Site Condition.
- Lead and participate in the preparation of excess soil management plans.
- Oversee and support field investigations pertaining to brownfield redevelopments, including development and implementation of sampling and analysis plans.
- Oversee and support junior staff in the submission of laboratory samples, preparation of borehole logs and report figures, data management and report preparation.
- Prepare reports as necessary to meet client needs
- Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering, environmental science or geoscience from an accredited institution.
- Registered Professional (e.g., P.Eng., P.Geo.) or eligibility, with 5-10 years of experience in an environmental consulting environment.
- A demonstrate ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to present technical information, both written and verbally, in a concise and professional manner.
Work With Us
- Full Time
- Providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis in relation to local health guidelines and/or client requirements/regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Many of our roles qualify for reallocation assistance within Canada, please ask for more details
Interested individuals should apply by email to: [email protected]
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.