COMPETITION #: 2022-61961 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Physiotherapist
CLASSIFICATION: Physiotherapist 1 (PT01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $34.7750 to $41.4832 per hour
The Physiotherapist is responsible for providing assessment, consultation and clinical services for individuals with physical dysfunction or pain.
- University degree in a related field.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapist of New Brunswick and eligible for membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Physiotherapist is responsible for:
- Assessing, planning, and providing therapy to individuals and groups
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Providing guidance and support to therapy assistants and other health care providers
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Preparing and presenting information and education sessions
- Providing mentoring and support for students
- Participating in developing, maintaining and evaluating policies and procedures
- Participating in developing and sharing information related to clinical skill sets, best practices and clinical guidelines
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Professional Competencies identified by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (2009):
- Professional Accountability
- Communication and Collaboration
- Professional Judgment and Reasoning
- Client Assessment
- Physiotherapy Diagnosis/Clinical Impression and Intervention Planning
- Implementation and Evaluation of Physiotherapy Intervention
- Practice Management
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by July 6 , 2022
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-61961 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.