Req Id: 373211
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell's network for our residential and business customers.
The Field Services Operational Support team consists of multifunctional teams that include Asset Management & Supply Chain, Training, Blueprints, Workforce Management and PMO to Bell Field Services team Nationwide. Their goal is to drive and enable process improvements, support and reporting to assist Field Technicians to deliver better service to our customers.
This is a fast-paced environment with a focus on delivering superior customer service. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Asset Management (Operational Support), the Manager will work closely with various business partners to identify opportunities to improve tracking, governance and execute process improvement initiatives within Fleet, Minor Materials, Tools or Real Estate portfolios. The Manager may also lead a team of associates supporting the field operations team.
This individual is a demonstrated solid project manager, innovator, collaborator and executor.
- Reporting & analysis of minor material, tools and fleet spend for Field Operations – bring visibility and identify trends & gaps
- Identify opportunities to build governance around purchases made by field technicians/managers – Ensure spending on right items
- Identify opportunities to reduce OPEX spend – Build approval processes, KPIs, system capabilities to reduce unnecessary purchases
- Develop stronger relationships with cross-functional logistics and technical teams – L1 field primes, OTR, supply chain, procurement etc.
- Develop logistics strategy model for cross-skilling technicians as part of Flex initiatives
- Manage real estate/building maintenance projects and ensure timelines and budgets targets are met
- Prioritize and manage activities related to any Bell Real Estate (BRES) coordination requests
- Partner with field operations to prioritize and build the Real Estate budget for 3 year strategic plans
- Respond to requests for support from Field Operations managers
- Use advanced analytics to develop business cases to prove out project benefit and influence decisions for spending on the most effective changes in real estate and fleet
- Analyze and review current processes; identifying and bridging gaps in delivering operational excellence
- Analyze various key performance indicators to establish team performance
- Effectively engage, lead and influence cross-functional teams to deliver highest level of quality on all projects within committed timeline and scope, as well as meet all project requirements and deliverables
Essential skills / competencies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead project teams and stakeholders with varying desired outcomes, to achieve established project deliverables
- Strong financial and business acumen with the proven ability to support the development of business cases and financial forecasts
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects through effective prioritization
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to be highly creative in formulating solutions
- Authentic, professional and confident communicator able to influence project teams and stakeholders through effective communication and presentation skills
- Work diligently with our support team to integrate new processes
- Results oriented - proven ability to provide strategic, analytical and critical insight.
- Detail-oriented, with strong capacity to organize and synthesize large amounts of information to facilitate the decision-making process for the senior management team.
- Strong leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to guide and coach the team to attain greater levels of performance. Proven ability to engage and motivate staff and be recognized as a business partner by main stakeholders.
- Constantly striving to improve deliverables & proactively enhance existing processes & systems.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to diagnose business problems, successfully resolve issues and deliver solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, multitask effectively over multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with ability to work under pressure.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Diploma of post-secondary education in accounting, finance, supply chain, business administration or any related field, as well as three to five years of experience in the position of manager;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage a team and supervise employees;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and negotiation skills;
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/26/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.