Req Id: 376389
At The Source, we believe that the right tech makes all the difference and exist to help Canadians discover the endless possibilities of tech. We carry the latest tech, offer advice across all categories and networks, and put our customers first to ensure they find the right tech for them.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
As a Specialist, Merchandise Financial Planning, you will support the development, communication and achievement of merchandise financial plans for multiple categories.
In this role you will be the primary liaison between Merchandising and Finance to ensure that the planning process is executed consistently and in accordance with company strategic imperatives. This role will be a member of a team of planners and works in conjunction with Merchandising, Finance, Marketing, Omni Channel and Supply Chain partners. The planning responsibility includes building targets for annual budgets and in-season forecasting in order to drive market share and maximize sales, gross margin and working capital productivity.
- Develop and support financial subclass level plans for sales, gross margin, markdowns and receipts by establishing relationships with key cross-functional partners; gain commitment on targets
- Revise and monitor forecasts for assigned categories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and provide ad hoc analysis as required for product assortment decisions aligning to Merchandising's vision and strategic imperatives
- Challenge Finance targets; review forecasts for sales, receipts, inventory and gross margin at category level against original or revised plan and recommend adjustments to maximize opportunities and minimize liabilities
- Lead weekly financial review meetings and drive collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Provide proactive support by analyzing category performance on regular basis to identify business drivers, mitigate risks and endure product assortment aligns to financial targets
- Participate in development of category strategies and assortment review with merchants and inventory management team; lead plan approval/proposal meetings
- Evaluate exit strategies to effectively mitigate aged inventory
Skills we're looking for.
- College certificate or University Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in the same or related role
- Must possess efficient time management skills and be able to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient analytical skills and the ability to make sound recommendations with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in planning & process improvement
- Effective oral and written communication; ability to influence
- Ability to meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment is critical
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Oracle Retail/Infovisionix for data queries and reporting with ability to export into Excel or other Microsoft applications.
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/21/2022
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements.