Req Id: 373411
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell's network for our residential and business customers.
The Field Services BI team resides within Field Services and is responsible for developing, maintaining and using data to drive insights on the customer experience and field productivity. The team consists of business analysts for analyzing data, data engineers for sourcing and maintaining data. Our team collaborates closely with other Business Intelligence teams within the company. We support our field frontline and support teams with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business.
Our people are empowered to make big things happen and supported by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
The Big Data Engineer will be a key member of the Field Services BI team. You will work closely with Hadoop Administrators, Data Scientists, and business stakeholders.
- Develop and operate our data pipeline & infrastructure
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process data quickly at big data scales
- Works directly with business analysts and data scientists to understand, develop data-driven dashboards and solutions to support their use cases
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure. Works to identify gaps and improving the platform's quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple game franchises.
- Data cleansing and data quality/integrity testing to prepare data for general analytical use
- Process optimization to produce production ready code
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience and / or education
- Autonomous, resourceful, strong tolerance to ambiguity, excellent capacity for applied learning
- Strong analytical, communication and time management skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills (ability to uncover trouble rapidly, investigate root cause and provide resolution)
- Excellent ability to articulate and document technical concepts to non-technical audience both verbally and in writing
- Technical Knowledge
- Experience working with distributed data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark,Kafka) for building efficient, large-scale 'big data' pipelines
- Experience building streaming and batch jobs in Spark
- Experience with Enterprise class ETL tools (preference IBM DataStage)
- DataOps, particularly creating and managing processes for batch and real-time data ingestion and processing
- Have knowledge of the agile methodology for delivering software solutions
- Ability to work efficiently in virtual teams with geographically dispersed team members
- Fast paced, continuous learning environment with new technologies
- Good work / life balance opportunities
#talent #tech #technology #indeed #LI-Hybrid #LI-MS2 #Hadoop #Spark #Kafka #BigData #DataEngineer #DataOps
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/21/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.