Cook II performs the day-to-day food production including meal as assigned by the Chef. Ensure a high caliber of food service for guests and staff through proper preparation and presentation of food and maintenance of a clean and organized workspace.
• Perform Food Production in Main Kitchen.
• Ensure proper handling and storage of food to minimize waste and ensure portion control.
• Monitor and ensure quality of food product produced on daily basis, report deviations from standards to Cook I.
• Escalates staff and guest concerns to appropriate next level supervisor quickly to ensure customer satisfaction is addressed.
• Ensure staff are working within the guidelines of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and safe food handling (HACCP) process standards are being adhered to.
• Support Cook III duties as required
• Assist in menu execution, monitor production to ensure appropriate portion control.
• Assist in monitoring of stock levels, noting shortages and communicating to Chef I
• Ensure all workstations are maintained, stocked and food products are properly rotated.
• Creative recommendations to Chef I.
• Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the equipment and ensuring it is held to departmental standards.
• Graduate from cooking school required or relative working experience
• 5+ years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant setting
• Buffet, catering, and line experience imperative
• Ability to oversee staff
• Some autonomy and creative license