Req Id: 364792
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Wireless is changing the way our world is communicating. The Bell Mobility Wireless Network team is one of the fastest growing organizations within Bell Canada. We are a diverse team that manages all aspects of Bell's wireless networks. We encourage continuous growth and development for individuals. Our mission is to build and operate the best wireless network in Canada in enabling the delivery of reliable and robust mobile services. We are a fast-paced team that works in close partnership with Technology and Operations in order to deliver on our number one priority: Flawless Customer Experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Software Architecture, and the successful candidate will function in a team consisting of highly skilled engineers and advisors who are responsible for the planning, execution, implementation and maintaining Policy products and infrastructure.
- Research the industry and identify possible 5G use cases to increase revenue, customer satisfaction, market penetration etc. for consumer/mass market
- Document, Build and support 5G use cases for slicing, MEC and IoT with an E2E business view
- Build consensus on solutions with stakeholders in Business, IT and Network teams
- Translate customer requirements into technical requirements for product and solution designs
- Build and present business case to senior management
- Define and Lead Network Policy evolution and strategy in light of 5G, NSO/ONAP and automation(e.g. Research new technology, conduct market research, emerging technology analysis)
- Create and maintain architecture diagrams and documentation
- Lead Proof-of-Concepts with vendors and cross functional teams
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by presenting and explaining complex technical subjects to various audiences from Technical teams to Management
- Identify and support KPIs to maintain system health and respond to business demands
- Lead/support the development and lab verification of policy product, virtualization services and network infrastructure architecture
- Demonstrate leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Provide mentoring and coaching to other members on the team
- University degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent demonstrated IT work experience
- 10 to 12 years of direct experience in delivery of wireless technology solutions
- Good understanding of 3GPP standards, wireless technologies, IP connectivity, 4G/5G networks, APIs REST/SOAP/XML
- Knowledge of 5G Network slicing and orchestration
- Knowledge of 5G uses cases in eMBB, uRLLC, mMTC
- Exposure and hand-on experience on wireless Policy Management products (PCF/PCRF) in virtual environment such as OpenStack, NFVI, Containers, OpenShift
- Experience with RedHat Linux, Shell scripting, Java, Python, database technologies and test automation tools
- Knowledge of cloud computing, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) , CNF technologies to drive network agility and operational efficiencies
- Knowledge of integration with operational tools using ELK stack and Prometheus
- Experience in architecting high availability and high scalability systems
- Must be a team-player with abilities to learn and apply new skills and technologies fast
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Motivated and has the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- E2E Design Thinking
- Ability to effectively negotiate and positively influence decision-making with business partners
- Strong Collaborator with colleagues and partners
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in deploying vendor products in cloud native environment
- Ability to work with abstract or limited information
- Ability to deal with multiple concurrent projects
#Indeed #Tech #Technology #Mobility #Mobile #Management #Careers #4G #5G #WirelessTechnology #RedHat #OpenStack #OpenShift #Java
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.