Manager, Technical Support
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
Reporting to the VP, Information Technology, the Manager, Technical Support will be responsible for the efficient, effective, and reliable delivery of technology to various global business lines. This position requires who can drive continuous improvement and positive business outcome.
Core responsibilities will include
- Lead and manage a globally dispersed, multi-disciplined team of IT Support Analysts.
- Implement and maintain service delivery and ITSM toolsets.
- Responsible for major incident coordination and post incident reviews.
- Develop, maintain, and support incident, change and problem management processes.
- Develop, maintain, and support service catalogues, CMDB and knowledge bases.
- Manage key vendor relationships, including contract and SLA management.
- Work closely with all internal business units and facilitate communication to ultimately ensure an effective operating environment.
- Works closely with senior management to keep them informed of new developments service issues and new business opportunities.
- Provide overall project management and support.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Provide timely and accurate weekly/monthly reporting related to ongoing and upcoming objectives.
- Experience leading an IT Service Management team or equivalent.
- Dependability with a great work ethic, demonstrated initiative, ownership of issues and an exceptional attitude
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours, including on-call and after-hours support.
- Ability to work independently and produce results, given general priorities, required.
- Demonstrated self-starter, able to prioritize tasks and stay organized.
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems issues, strongly preferred.
- Must be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke...simple because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.