Professional Quality Assurance Ltd. (PQA) Testing has been going strong since 1997! As Canada's largest and most established independent software testing company, we insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing! We have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believe that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities - our sister company PLATO Testing, trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading-edge companies, technologies, and tools.
PQA/PLATO is expanding nationally and looking for an Executive Assistant to support the office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Executive Assistant will maintain a high degree of confidentiality while maintaining the calendar, professional correspondence, and time of the CEO. This position assists with the growth and maintenance of a healthy and inclusive culture that aligns with our organizational values of quality, respect, courage, accountability and impact.
- Provide comprehensive administrative management to CEO
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, reports, and internal correspondence
- Document management, including reports, meeting notes, emails, and letters
- Calendar management, ensuring calendar is up-to-date, adding events, rescheduling appointments, providing daily briefings
- Act as point-of-contact for internal and external contacts, including vendors, colleagues, clients, and customers
- Develop and cultivate collaborative relationships with peers, members of the Leadership Team, and external partners
- Develop effective processes to assure efficient delivery of information
- Conduct research and creating reports on various topics based on the needs of the executive
- Coordinate meetings with external and internal guests
- Plan and organize events that take place externally, such as fundraisers, sporting tournaments, and appreciation events
- Keep important information and documents organized physically, and electronically
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Make travel arrangements for the CEO, as needed
- Complete expense reconciliation and reporting for reimbursement
- Diploma in Office Administration, Certificate in Governance, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Up to 5 years' related experience in an administrative position
- Executive-level support experience is an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research and create reports and/or presentations
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and HRIS experience
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PQA respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Submit your application by July 15th, 2022.