Higher Talent is currently seeking highly motivated candidates for the position of Chief Financial Officer for our client, Newfoundland Eggs Inc.
About Our Company
Newfoundland Eggs operates a specialized egg grading facility in Roaches Line, supplying graded table eggs and eggs for further processing. We are a 4th generation family owned and operated business and have experienced continual growth and is poised for further expansion and diversification of its operations and product offerings in the near future.
Who are you?
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer is knowledgeable in all aspects of financial management. They are a highly motivated individual with strong analytical, strategic planning and communication skills, including an ability to work well with the Chief Executive Officer, and other senior managers. This position will be responsible for performing effective risk management and overseeing all aspects of the company's financial success.
- Providing strategic management of the accounting and finance functions
- Directing accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Recommending improvements to ensure the integrity of a company's financial information
- Managing or overseeing the relationship with independent auditors
- Collaborating with chief information officers on technology decisions
- Overseeing financial systems implementations and upgrades
- Managing relationships with investors and investment institutions
- Identifying and managing business risks and insurance requirements
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting and finance staff
- Oversee all financial functions and establish internal controls
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 10 years of experience in accounting or finance, including a minimum of five years in a management role
- Master's degree in business administration (MBA) and/or a professional accreditation such as the Canadian Chartered Accountant (CA) designation
- Demonstrable knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and/or US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Previous experience in public accounting would be highly valued
- Previously held positions of increasing responsibility within an accounting department, such as director of finance, director of accounting or controller
- Negotiating skills
- Providing recommendations
- Ability to see the bigger picture and take calculated risks
If you are a highly motivated team player and have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Krista Tapper, Senior HR Consultant | [email protected]
Higher Talent Inc. | www.highertalent.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.