PQA has been going strong since 1997! As Canada's largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with 'quality' people who share our passion for doing the job right! We are obsessed with quality and testing, and have built a team of people who believe that quality is the most important deliverable.
We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading-edge companies, technologies, and tools.
We are growing across Canada and looking for an experienced Performance Test Specialist to help us do that! We are currently looking for candidates located primarily in the GTA region but will consider anyone willing to work EST zone hours. The successful incumbent must have strong JMeter and Performance Centre experience.
- Lead Performance Testing initiatives for our key clients
- Define Performance Test Plans, design, create, and conduct large scale performance tests with industry-standard toolsets like Performance Center and JMeter
- Participate in the testing and optimization of software performance
- Work as a consultant to support teams consisting of IT architects, infrastructure system admins, developers, and service center staff to ensure that IT systems deliver reliable and highly available applications
- Proactively resolve complex technical issues and demonstrating innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution through continual quality assurance
- System environment monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning, and capacity planning.
- Write technical reports summarizing performance testing efforts, results, and recommendations
- Highly developed communication skills in both oral and written forms
Minimum 8+ years in QA and at least 5+ years in Performance Testing and JMeter
Knowledge of FloodIO/Blazemeter, Gatling, NeoLoad, is considered an asset
Experience developing performance tests for API services, as well as transaction-based systems
Familiar with best practices in Agile, DevOps, CI/CD pipeline management
A flexible and self-motivated approach, as you will be balancing various priorities and have full responsibility for ensuring delivery of services from kickoff to completion
Confidence in completing analysis reports along with delivering walkthroughs to ensure that the key stakeholders are clear on the Performance of the application
An interest in learning new tools, technologies, and processes to keep up with our clients' continuously evolving needs
Ability to troubleshoot and perform detailed analysis and interpretation of results to help identify and isolate performance-related issues
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PQA respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Submit your application by August 26, 2022.