BARGAINING UNIT: Vitalité Non Employee Other
JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Internal Medecine
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
According to the agreement determined by the Service/Department Head - Flexible
Call from 8 to 5 MOnday to Friday are shared among the geneticians.
The Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre (UHC), in Moncton, New Brunswick, is seeking to recruit one permanent full-time genetician. Reporting to the Head of the Regional Department of internal medecine, the Medical Geneticist is specialized in studying the effects of genetic variation on human development and health as well as in researching, diagnosing, treating and preventing genetic and related illnesses in people, families and communities.The Medical Geneticist has in-depth knowledge of the basic principles of genetics, knowledge of genetic illnesses and their effects on all systems of the human body and on people of all ages, and a good understanding of the principles of genetic counselling.
Based on the type of practice pursued by the department, the Medical Geneticist plays an advisory role for other physicians in the medical genetics and genomics field. The Medical Geneticist takes part in research activities in their field of practice.
The Medical Geneticist may take an active part in teaching activities in their department, in close collaboration with the Centre de formation médicale du Nouveau-Brunswick.
- Graduate from an approved school of medicine supplemented by post-graduate study in the area of specialization (Genetician);
- Certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The salary for this position is fee-for-service.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network's website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the website.City of Moncton's
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.