NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Oncologist (2 positions)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
• Based on the agreement set by the department head. It is permanent full-time position.
• On-call service in the evening and on weekends shared by the department members.
Under the direction of the Regional Division Head of Medical Oncology and the appropriate Medical Director, the Medical Oncologist is concerned with the study and treatment of cancer. The Oncologist practices in a variety of clinical settings to provide a wide range of medical care to patients with a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of cancer. They provide individualized care and support to adult patients and their families throughout the disease trajectory. The cancer continuum includes health promotion and preventive measures, screening, initial assessment and diagnosis of cancer, treatment, survivorship, follow-up, and supportive, palliative and end-of-life care.He/she works in interdisciplinary teams to develop an evidence-based, multi-modal treatment approach. The medical oncologist also collaborates with other health care professionals in the provision of diversified and comprehensive care to cancer patients and their families.
The Medical Oncologist is actively involved in teaching activities in his/her department, in close collaboration with the New Brunswick Medical Education Centre.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and residency providing a license in medical oncology;
By recognized medical school, we mean a school that meets the following criteria:
- Accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS) or the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) (in the US); or
- Listed by a Canada Sponsor Note in the World Directory of Medical Schools;
- Recognized certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Internal Medicine;
- Recognized certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in medical oncology;
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The candidate will be remunerated on a salaried model based on qualifications and experience with benefits
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network's website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the city's website https://www.moncton.ca/
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.