Data Engineer (03-2278)
Work Location: Office or Hybrid from Atlantic Canada
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities.
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Data Engineer. Location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As our Data Engineer, you will lead the development and/or support of assigned system(s). These systems currently include both the Oracle and Microsoft BI stack. You will research, consult, design, document and modify system documentation and work products throughout the system development lifecycle. You are the technical system owner and technical product "expert".
Develop and maintain functional knowledge and technical expertise of in-house Analytics systems and financial system integration.
Work with support teams to ensure analytics systems and financial system integrations are available, secure and performing satisfactorily, in compliance with defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Lead the creation and maintenance of all system documentation which includes, but is not limited to, BI Requirements, Report Specifications, Data Warehousing Requirements, Interface Specifications, and Data Mapping Specifications.
Provide accurate assessments and estimates for project and release plans.
Lead the development of data integration, application integration, exposing data to users, reports, dashboards and data visualization that are compliant to the corporate standards of Quality, Operations, and Security.
Provide secondary application support to business users and provide training and knowledge transfer to the applicable primary support departments.
What we can expect from you:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Experience in working independently and driving projects end to end.
- Must possess strong technical data integration and data analysis skills.
- Ability to document/maintain report specifications, develop, and test reports/dashboards.
- Must possess strong written and oral skills.
- Great communication skills. You should be able to directly communicate with senior business leaders, embed yourself with business teams, and present solutions to business stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
You should apply if you have the following:
- A minimum of three years' progressive experience in BI application development, application integration, data integration, data pipelining, and ETL development; where your primary function was to inform and empower Product teams
- Hands-on experience in principled data warehouse design, data visualization and data pipeline design and development
- University degree, community college technology diploma, professional certification or membership in computer sciences, Information Management, or related field.
- Technical data integration and data analysis skills.
- Two years' experience with Oracle PL-SQL/ODI or Microsoft TSQL/SSIS.
Awesome if you had:
- Experience integrating with financial systems (note AL uses oracle E-Business Suite).
- Experience using scripting technologies such as Python or PowerShell.
- Experience using Data Lakes.
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Three weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) and 12 paid statutory holidays (in NB).
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Short-term incentive program based on personal and corporate performance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in English, our working language, unless otherwise stated.
Health and Safety: AL is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees. Therefore, AL will require employees for whom the COVID-19 vaccine is authorized by Health Canada, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or receive a valid exemption by Jan. 14, 2022.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.