NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Community Mental Health Center - Campbelton
DEPARTMENT: Community Mental Health Center / Primary Health Care
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Counselling Therapist (LC01)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January 2022
HOURS OF WORK:
8 -hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This is professional support work of a clinical nature in the fields of counselling. Within a multidisciplinary team, the incumbent assesses and evaluates clients using a variety of methods and techniques to provide patient and family centered care for individuals experiencing low-to-moderate substance use and/or mental health issues. He participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, couples, families and the community and facilitates care by referring to other services or activities, including within the community.
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Counselling Therapists of New Brunswick (CCTNB);
- Masters' degree from a university in a field of study prescribed by the College of Counselling Therapists of New Brunswick's Board of Directors;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain efficient working relationships with clients, their families, colleagues, partners and other organizations, as well as with the public;
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate intervention plans based on identified needs;
- Knowledge of various evaluation tools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Demonstrated ability to be non-judgmental and open-minded;
- Working knowledge of local primary health care program delivery, community-based services, as well as substance use and mental health services;
- Valid driver's license and willingness to use own vehicle for work;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.