Senior Consultant | Test Automation Specialist (Appium)
PQA has been going strong since 1997. As Canada's largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with 'quality' people who share our passion for doing the job right! We are obsessed with quality and testing, and have built a team of people who believe quality is the most important deliverable.
We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading-edge companies, technologies, and tools.
We are growing across Canada and are currently looking for an experienced Senior Consultant | Test Automation Specialist with expertise in Appium, and Selenium with Page Object Model experience. This role will be responsible for creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test automation frameworks, tests, and reporting - all connected to a CI/CD pipeline.
- Participate in requirement and design planning/review to ensure test plans are traceable to requirements.
- Design, develop and implement automated test scripts
- Design, develop and implement automated tests using the Appium toolset
- Build Page Object models within Selenium to improve test maintainability
- Write and execute Selenium scripts
- Manage the creation of test data through test scripts
- Perform verification testing
- Identify and document defects and follow through to their resolution
- Work closely with developers, project stakeholders and the management team to effectively assure delivery of a quality project
- 6+ years of testing experience, with the majority in test automation
- Computer Science degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Appium is required
- Experience with the Selenium Page Object design pattern
- Experience using various automation frameworks
- Experience in API automation (SOAP UI)
- Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written will help accelerate your career progression
- Experience in Point of Sale programs is an asset
- A passion for learning new things and working in diverse teams
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns, and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee's health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle, including a company-wide mental health day annually. PQA Testing is always organizing events that bring all of us closer, even if virtually!