Marine Atlantic provides a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Come experience the pride of working with a diverse organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for future sustainability.
Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include
- competitive salaries
- defined benefit pension plan
- comprehensive health and benefit packages
- extensive professional development and training opportunities
Marine Atlantic is currently looking for Stevedores to work at our Terminal in Port aux Basques, NL. These positions are spare and relief and candidates can expect to work on an on call basis.
Marine Atlantic is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Preference may be given to members of the following under-represented groups: women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and 2SLGBTQIA+ community members. If you are a member of one or more of these groups, please state to which group(s) you identify in your application.
As a Stevedore with Marine Atlantic, you will be responsible for:
- Working diligently to promote a safe and inclusive working environment
- Mooring and unmooring of vessels
- Directing passenger and commercial vehicles on and off vessel in a safe manner
- Lashing/unlashing of commercial vehicles as directed using safe and proper techniques
- Spotting passenger and commercial vehicles, drop trailers and forklift operations
- Operating forklift to unload and load garbage and freight
- Assisting in the accomplishment of Company objectives by performing other related duties as required
What qualifications do I need to be considered for this opportunity?
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- Valid Newfoundland and Labrador Class 5 Driver's License
- Ability to lift, handle and carry heavy objects up to 22.3 kg
- Must be able to deal with the general public in a professional manner displaying good customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Candidates should live within commuting distance from the terminal
- Possession of a valid Class 1 Driver's License
- Knowledge of policies and government regulations concerning safety, security, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, WHMIS, etc
- Possession of a Forklift Certificate, Flagman's Certificate, and/or Air Brakes Endorsement
Why work for the Marine Atlantic team?
As part of the Marine Atlantic team, you will participate in a variety of ongoing training programs and development opportunities to navigate your career and chart your course for success. We are dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include competitive salaries, defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health benefit packages, and professional development opportunities. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for the future.
How do I become a part of the team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online before 4pm (Atlantic Time) on 23 November 2021.
All applicants must apply online:
This is a designated Safety Sensitive position and subject to the provisions of Marine Atlantic's Drug and Alcohol Policy which includes, but not limited to pre-employment testing. Marine Atlantic has a zero-tolerance policy for alcohol, cannabis, and illicit drugs.
Marine Atlantic recognizes the importance of vaccination to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 while continuing to provide an essential service to the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. All employees are required to
follow Marine Atlantic Covid-19 protocols. As mandated by the Government of Canada, all employees, including new hires, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and authorized based on one of the prohibited grounds of discrimination as defined by the Canadian Human Rights Act. As part of the recruitment process, proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be required or the necessary documentation to provide an approved accommodation.
Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada.
At Marine Atlantic, we are dedicated to building and fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, where all employees and customers feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Marine Atlantic invites applications from all qualified candidates and hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principles of equitable employment for all and strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and 2SLGBTQIA+ community members. If you are a member of one or more of these groups, please state to which group(s) you identify in your cover letter, resume or application.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format or to discuss alternate ways of completing the online application, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department, in confidence, at email@example.com.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the recruitment process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department, in confidence, at firstname.lastname@example.org.