Human Resources Manager
Apex is currently accepting resumes for a Human Resources Manager. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources this role is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and analyzing the operations of the Human Resources department. Key areas of responsibility include policy and procedure development; human resource planning; labour relations; training and development; recruitment and selection; and the analysis and improvement of HR metrics/KPIs. In addition to remaining current with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, this role requires the individual to adhere to and enforce all established Company policies and procedures. This role further requires the individual to maintain positive relationships between the management team and employees.
- Oversee all of the Human Resources department operations and processes.
- Work with other Managers to plan for the organization's human capital needs.
- Develop and facilitate training and development programs for employees and managers.
- Conduct ITAR interviews and background checks.
- Maintain positive working relationships with employees and the management team.
- Ensure delivery of health and safety training to new hires.
- Advise and assist departmental managers on the interpretation and administration of policies, programs and best practices.
- Adhere to legislation such as the Human Rights Act and Employment Standards.
- Conduct job performance evaluations.
- Identify job vacancies and plan for filling them.
- Recruit and select new hires based on their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Inform employees about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion.
- Prepare employee contracts.
- Advise managers on organizational matters such as discrimination, discipline, harassment, etc.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and policies striving to resolve work-related issues.
- Conduct training needs analyses of the entire workforce to design appropriate and necessary training and development programs.
- Compile statistical reports and metrics concerning personnel-related data such as turnover, cost of vacancy, grievance resolution and absenteeism rates.
- Analyze statistical reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Assist in the investigation and reporting of accidents/incidents.
- Review industry wages in salary and hourly positions.
- Help prepare and adhere to department budget.
- Remain current with best practices, legislative changes and industry standards.
- Oversee workload of department for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- CHRP designation or working towards would be an asset.
- Post Secondary diploma in Human Resources Management.
- University degree in Business Management or Labour Relations preferred.
- 5-7 years' Human Resources experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing / distribution of metal doors, frames and related hardware, sales / service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.
Apex offers competitive salary packages and career advancement opportunities.
Please submit your resume quoting competition number 29HR1121 to Human Resources by:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 506-857-1594
Mail : 100 Millennium Blvd
Moncton, NB E1E 2G8