Job # P964
CLOSING DATE: NOON - OCTOBER 25, 2021
Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, the position is responsible for the procurement of goods and services for the City of Moncton and designated Boards and Commissions.
· Must have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from an accredited post-secondary institution in a job-related discipline.
· The incumbent is expected to undertake professional development training and education on a regular basis, and must achieve professional accreditation from a recognized and accredited institution or public sector procurement association within three (3) years from date of employment.
· A minimum of three (3) years' experience as a procurement professional with direct experience in the administration, evaluation and overall management of open competitive bidding processes (i.e. Quotations, Tenders, RFP's).
· Experience in the public sector (i.e. municipal / provincial / federal government agency, public hospital, public school board, or other government-funded body) is considered an asset.
· Experience with computerized purchasing systems would be an asset.
· Must have high level of personal integrity and excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing, to deal effectively with the public and staff.
· English essential. The ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset, but not a requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Day-to-day duties shall require an extremely high level of accuracy, attention to detail, thorough record-keeping, individual initiative, planning and good judgment. The incumbent shall have the responsibility to make judgment calls and decisions with respect to procurement activities, within delegated authority, that impact significantly upon the day-to-day operations of Municipal Departments. Therefore, the incumbent should be able to demonstrate strong decision-making and documentation skills. Errors could result in excessive or unauthorized expenditure of City funds.
· Will be required to develop a thorough knowledge of various Acts and Regulations governing the public purchasing function such as the City of Moncton's Corporate Procurement Policy and Corporate Credit Card Program, Provincial Public Purchasing Acts and Trade Agreements, as well as various Canadian and International trade agreements and regulations and Canadian contract law.
· The incumbent shall demonstrate a strong commitment toward providing a high level of customer service, a positive, proactive and open-minded attitude, courteous and friendly disposition, and creative problem-solving skills. Past experience and/or education in dispute resolution and / or negotiations would be considered an asset.
· A proficiency level of knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook E-mail and Calendar)
· A working level of knowledge of Oracle Financials or similar enterprise resource planning system
· The incumbent shall be required to liaise regularly and maintain excellent rapport with Vendor representatives, and personnel within all City Departments including supervisory personnel, Department Heads, members of Council, as well as other levels of government.
· Incumbent is not responsible for the supervision of others. However, the incumbent will be required to explain purchasing procedures and practices to City staff.
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
· Work is normally performed in a clean, climate-controlled environment, although occasionally the incumbent, during the normal course of daily routine, may be required to visit Department work areas, Central Stores, project sites or supplier's place of business.
· Must be capable of meeting the bonding requirements of the City of Moncton.
· Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Work With Us
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the first officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This position is a unionized position. The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package in accordance to the City Hall Employees Association / PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
A city that inspires
Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens
Sustainable, Diverse, Creative, Engaged, Leaders
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS:
Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.