Intergovernmental Affairs and Corporate Advisor
Office of the City Manager
Job # P962
CLOSING DATE: NOON - OCTOBER 29, 2021
Reporting to the City Manager, the Intergovernmental Affairs and Corporate Advisor delivers advocacy efforts and support for key corporate projects and initiatives. The Intergovernmental Affairs and Corporate Advisor will provide intergovernmental support to the corporation by developing and fostering strong relationships with key officials and addressing issues and opportunities with various levels of government. The Intergovernmental Affairs and Corporate Advisor will help support the prioritization of the City's advocacy priorities and build strategies to deliver on these priorities. This position will be responsible for the coordination of external funding requests and funding opportunities. The Intergovernmental Affairs and Corporate Advisor will keep current with emerging themes in relation to advocacy.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration or other relevant discipline.
· Minimum of 3 years' experience in a government services organization performing similar work or equivalent.
· Ability to communicate effectively in both languages (oral English and French) is required. Must meet ADVANCED (3+) Level as per the Province of New Brunswick Linguistic Standards in both languages as a minimum requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Well-developed interpersonal skills, communication, and presentation skills.
· Ability to build strong working relationships.
· Ability to effectively communicate on a confidential basis with senior managers and to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
· Ability to independently prioritize and manage several competing, complex, evolving projects.
· Knowledge of the legislative process.
· Knowledge of the issues affecting the municipality and its region, as well as the various boards, associations, and organizations of the City of Moncton.
· Strong project management facilitation skills with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identify issues and problems.
· Maintains confidentiality and deals tactfully in an open and political environment.
· Results oriented with a level of professionalism and commitment to providing exemplary public service.
· Ability to lead corporate priority projects and initiatives.
· Ability to effectively utilize various administrative programs (MS Office).
· Requires a high degree of initiative, judgment and discretion, as errors will result in embarrassment and/or financial cost to the Corporation.
· Valid New Brunswick driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
· Due to the confidential nature of many of the functions associated with this position, a high degree of discretion and diplomacy is required.
· Develops a contact network of counterparts in other municipalities, technical professionals, industry/trades representatives and suppliers/contractors.
· Prepares information on behalf of the municipality with officials at the federal, provincial and municipal levels.
· Communicates with associates in other municipalities to exchange information on related programs and services.
· Participates in outreach and engagement with community stakeholders, partners and agencies.
· Establishes, maintains and promotes co-operative and productive relationships with various groups such as: employees and senior officials of the City administration; elected officials; external agencies, companies, organizations and associations; other governments, civic, provincial and federal and the general public.
· Possesses advanced leadership skills which permit achieving organizational strategic goals and initiatives.
· Takes leadership approach on organizational or advocacy initiatives.
· Has the ability to work independently.
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
· The position may require working outside normal business hours when need arises, availability on short notice in the case of an urgent request and ability to cope with stressful conditions. Moderate physical demands. Moderate travel requirements.
Work With Us
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the first officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This is a non-unionized position.
The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
A city that inspires
Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens
Sustainable, Diverse, Creative, Engaged, Leaders
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS:
Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.