Container Development Specialist
Port Saint John is creating a new position to focus on the development of the Container business sector in anticipation of container growth made possible due to the West Side Modernization Project. The Container Development Specialist will join the Trade and Business Development team to identify and support future and current customers using container services in and out of Port Saint John.
The position will be responsible to:
- Liaise with internal team members on lead generation and target market opportunity identification, with Logistics Chain Partner goal alignment
- Collaborate on business development strategies with current supply chain partners
- Promote Port Saint John's Logistic Chain Service optionality to target markets/audiences
- Meet with potential importers, exporters, and freight forwarders to identify opportunities, aiming to convert and attract new container business
- Participate at industry trade shows and conferences to connect with potential importers, exporters, and freight forwarders
- Facilitate the quotation process for customers with relevant supply chain partners
- Completed Post Secondary education in a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
- Must be open to local and international travel (Approximately 1-2 weeks per month - subject to safe travelling protocols.)
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication in French and/or in Spanish
- Experience in Business Development and Brand representation
- International marketing and business experience
- CITT or other related industry relevant designation
Work With Us
Candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume demonstrating their knowledge, skills, and abilities by Thursday, October 21st, 2021.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies.