Reporter - Kings County Record
Brunswick News reporters are our primary content producers, whose stories drive reader engagement and attract new subscribers to our website. They tell compelling local and provincial stories with accessible writing and great photos. They aim on a daily basis to find the story before our competition, tell it in a fair and balanced manner, and uphold our tradition of integrity and consistency.
- Work independently to curate sources and find new stories on assigned beat. Reporters are expected to produce two stories in the regular course of each working day, with accompanying fresh photos
- Represent the company professionally when dealing with sources and the community
- Adhere at all times to our Journalism Code of Conduct. Bring errors to the attention of the managing editor as soon as they are discovered
- Collaborate productively with colleagues on stories as directed by the managing editor
- Engage with our analytics software to understand the impact of stories and adjust strategy to increase relevance of work
- Work with the managing editor to consistently improve performance
- All other duties as required
- A track record of excellence in journalism.
- Journalism degree/diploma