Competition #: 1-16453 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
The Geriatric Department of the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre in Moncton, New Brunswick, is seeking to recruit one geriatrician. Reporting to the Head of the Geriatrics Department and the Medical Director for the area, the geriatrician diagnoses and treats a large number of disorders and conditions among seniors as inpatients or outpatients. Using a holistic approach, the geriatrician performs comprehensive geriatric assessments and provides preventive care, treatments, follow-up care, and end-of-life care tailored to patients' specific needs. The chosen candidate will work closely with the patient and their loved ones as well as with frontline health professionals, specialists, other health professionals and social support service providers. The chosen candidate will take an active part in the teaching activities in their department, in close collaboration with the Centre de formation médicale du Nouveau-Brunswick. The geriatrician may also take part in research activities in their field of practice.The successful candidate will participate in the implementation of the Geriatric Day Hospital and the Elderly Friendly Hospital concept throughout the network.
The position involves professional medical work performed by licensed specialists (holding specialist licensure recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick). A licensed specialist enjoys great clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical problems within their field of specialization. Their clinical work and performance may be monitored and evaluated by the department/division/service and/or clinical program of the physician associated to them. The work may also be monitored by the local and/or regional Chief of Staff and the Medical Director for the zone within the regional health authority (RHA). The physician abides by the by-laws and policies of the RHA.
- Degree from a recognized medical school and residency leading to obtaining a licence in internal medicine
- Certification in geriatrics recognized by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick ;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.