Source Atlantic is one of Canada's Best Managed Companies since 2017 we are a leading Industrial Distribution and Services Group in Canada. We recognize our team of dedicated, honest, and customer oriented employees as a vital strength within our organization. We are currently seeking you! for a position with Source Atlantic in Winnipeg, MB as a Robot Technician.
Source Atlantic represents Fanuc as well as other machine tool products, Source Atlantic is a single-source provider of machine tools, tooling, supplies, application support and customer service across Canada.
The Robot Technician will provide presales and post sales application engineering support to target companies in our region.
- Develop, plan and implement electrical and control system design solutions based on engineering principles and involvement in presentation of the solution to customer
- Motivate and provide guidance to the robotics automation team by creating an environment of trust and open communication
- Provide leadership in knowledge transfer and implementation of approved standards and practices for PLCs and Fanuc robots
- Program robot and teach points for various tasks
- Assembly and installation of Robotic cells
- Troubleshoot service and repair robotic systems, using knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, mechanics, sensor or feedback systems, hydraulics, or pneumatics
- Install and test performance of robotic systems and other mechanical automation equipment
- Program and Troubleshoot PLC programs
- Troubleshooting of Fanuc Robots
- Maintain good housekeeping standards throughout department and work area.
- Actively promote safety process and report any safety issues to proper channels for action.
- Familiar with MSDS & manufacture instructions.
- Consistently follow quality policies and procedures; and
- Abide by established Health & Safety policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in MET, Millwright, Machining or relevant experience.
- Willingness to travel is a must
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Valid Driver's license
- Previous experience with robotic equipment preferred but not mandatory as training for the idea candidate will be supplied.
- Technical knowledge and logical troubleshooting skills would be an asset
- Application and operational knowledge of CNC equipment including Fanuc controls is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of CNC part programming
In return for the above, we are offering a permanent position on an established team in an outstanding working environment with dedicated new hires as well as long service employee's with up to 40+ years of experience.
All Full-time positions offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Pay Scale
- Flexible Health, Drug and Dental Plan
- Matching Contribution Retirement Savings Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards Program
- Enhanced Vacation Entitlement
- Physical Fitness Refund Plan
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who will be moving on in the interview process will be contacted.