Bilingual Ticket and Reservation Clerks
Marine Atlantic provides a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Come experience the pride of working with a diverse organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for future sustainability.
Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include
- competitive salaries
- defined benefit pension plan
- comprehensive health and benefit packages
- extensive professional development and training opportunities
Marine Atlantic is currently accepting applications for Bilingual Ticket and Reservation Clerks to work at our Terminal in Port aux Basques, NL. These positions are spare and relief and candidates can expect to work on an on call basis.
As a Bilingual Ticket and Reservation Clerk with Marine Atlantic, you will be responsible for:
- Working diligently to promote a safe and inclusive working environment
- Providing a high level of customer service in both official languages
- Answering customer enquiries
- Making reservations
- Processing passenger tickets
- Assisting in the accomplishment of Company objectives by performing other related duties as required
What qualifications do I need to be considered for this opportunity?
- Fluent in both of Canada's Official Languages (English and French)
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- Ability to deal with the general public in a professional manner displaying good customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office
- Competent typing skills (25 WPM) and keyboarding skills
- Previous clerical experience
- Office Administrative Assistant Course from a recognized institution
- Experience working in a call center
- Customer service experience
- Previous experience working with a computerized ticket/reservation system
Please note: Candidates will be tested for language proficiency in their second language and must take a typing test (25 WPM) and keyboarding test. Other testing that could be a part of the assessment process - Test of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES) and Microsoft Office. Candidates should live within
Why work for Marine Atlantic?
As part of the Marine Atlantic team, you will participate in a variety of ongoing training programs and development opportunities to navigate your career and chart your course for success. We are dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include competitive salaries, defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health benefit packages, and professional development opportunities. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for the future.
How do I become a part of the team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online.
All applicants must apply online:
Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada.
At Marine Atlantic, we are dedicated to building and fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, where all employees and customers feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Marine Atlantic invites applications from all qualified candidates and hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principles of equitable employment for all and strongly encourage applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities, Visible Minorities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. If you are a member of one of these groups, we invite you to self-identify on your application, cover letter or resume.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format or to discuss alternate ways of completing the online application, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).