Customer Service Representative
Job # P957
CLOSING DATE: NOON - SEPTEMBER 27, 2021
Customer Service Representatives (CSR'S) are responsible for providing front-line customer service for the City of Moncton through phone, email, and in-person interactions. Using a variety of technologies and systems, CSRs will provide the information our customers are looking for.
Customer Service Representatives must have good written and oral communication skills and strive for first-call resolution for all inquiries, directing customers to other personnel in the corporation only as needed.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Customer Service and works collaboratively with a number of other departments who provide services to our community.
· Must have completed a two (2) year program with major course work in Business Administration OR formal post-secondary education in another discipline with relative business related courses.
· Minimum of two (2) years' experience in performing front-line customer service or related duties within or outside the Corporation.
· Must have experience using major computer system, preferably maintenance management or Customer Relationship Management system.
· Cash handling experience is an asset.
· Customer Service Management Software experience would be an asset.
· The ability to function fluently in both official languages (English and French) is a requirement. As per provincial language proficiency standards, functional is determined to be at the Intermediate+ (2+) level or higher.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of best practices in regards to excellence in customer service.
· Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills are essential.
· A Typing speed of sixty (60) w.p.m.
· Possesses knowledge and skills in computer software programs relevant to the position such as: Infor MMS, Info Desktop, Microsoft Office, City View, Oracle, etc.
· Be able to quickly acquire knowledge of the operation of the CRM and MMS.
· Requires a high level of judgment appropriate to applying established practices, policies or procedures to standard work assignments and resolving frequent minor problems.
· Should be willing to upgrade skills as required by changes in the workplace.
· Work also requires the ability to foster clear, open, courteous, and empathetic communications with citizens, both private and corporate, relative to programs, bill payments, permits, licenses, by-laws, and general information relative to the corporation.
· Work requires dealing with disgruntled and dissatisfied customers on a daily basis, with the incumbent being able to maintain composure without putting themself or the Corporation at risk of loss.
· This position requires a high level of responsibility, initiative and the ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision as well as the ability to function well in a team environment with excellent customer service skills.
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
· The employee will be required to work a seven (7) hour day between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, under agreeable working conditions in an open office environment. Hours of work may change periodically with a prior notice of the change given one week in advance.
· The nature of the working environment is characterized by teamwork collaboration and open communication, having to be innovative and adaptable so as to focus on continuous improvement in the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of the services and business processes.
· The incumbent must be able to work under pressure and time restraints.
Work With Us
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This position is a unionized position. The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package in accordance to the City Hall Employees Association / PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
A city that inspires
Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens
Sustainable, Diverse, Creative, Engaged, Leaders
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS:
Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence.