Admissions and Gift Shop Attendant – Casual
Magnetic Hill Zoo
Job # C503A
CLOSING DATE: NOON - OCTOBER 8, 2021
This position is a seasonal casual position working 32-40 hours per week from mid-March to mid-January. This position reports to the Guest, Retail & Administrative Services Coordinator.
· Grade 12 or equivalency.
· Cash handling procedures relative to ticket sales, bank deposits and float monies.
· Experience in cash handling and customer service is a requirement.
· Experience in a retail environment; such as gift shop, or boutique is a requirement.
· Must be able to communicate in both official languages i.e. English and French.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must have basic computer skills with Windows and Microsoft Office.
· Must possess strong communications skills and understand the importance of positive customer service.
· Must enjoy working with the public.
CONDITION OF WORK:
· Hours of work will vary, i.e. days, evenings and weekends.
Work With Us
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
The Magnetic Hill Zoo's 40 acre park provides a friendly environment for visitors to experience an appreciation for and connection to more than 70 indigenous and exotic species. The Animal Care team strives to provide excellent care and enrichment for the lives these animals. The Zoo is divided into four distinct areas: the Americas, Africa, Asia, and Discovery.
Throughout the year, the Zoo hosts special seasonal events and fundraisers. Educational programming is also available.
This position is a non-unionized position.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
Atlantic Canada's leading zoo that educates and inspires conservation action
Working together to enrich the lives of animals and to provide visitor experiences that inspire a connection to and action for nature
Sustainable, Diverse, Creative, Engaged, Leaders
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOURS:
Accountability, professionalism, respect, and excellence