Automation QA Consultant
PQA has been going strong since 1997! We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading-edge companies, technologies, and tools. As one of Canada's largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with 'quality' people who share our passion for doing the job right!
We are growing in Toronto, and are currently looking for an Automation QA Consultant to help us do just that! You will work with our clients to help assess their testing practices and recommend (and implement) changes to their test strategies to improve coverage, results, efficiency, or all of the above! This will be a hybrid-based role, working out of our client's office in Toronto 1-2 days per week. We will consider all applicants based in Canada.
- Review previous test plans and results, interview key stakeholders, and identify what worked, what didn't, and where opportunities exist to improve on the current approach (and produce a report to summarize)
- Work with existing test team (in house and 3rd party) to implement improvements to test processes and plans to avoid issues that occurred in past testing
- Coordinate with project team members for test readiness and timely delivery of testing artifacts
- Document where and how to deploy improvements to the QA process by completing a number of test cycles alongside the team
- Participate in project meetings, and provide input on testing deliverables
- Prepare test Scenarios and test Cases for the identified business requirements and user stories
- Execute functional, system integration and end-to-end test cases across all major and minor system areas
- Work with QA environment, test data, and security access-related issues during test cycles; identifying the root cause and resolving them
- Assist in the preparation of various test planning, execution and defect reports
- Work with testing team and third parties to provide training and support for the new QA approach
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in preparing test scenarios, test case development, test execution, requirement analysis, defect tracking, and reporting
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Automation
- Proficient in QA and testing concepts, processes, and methodology
- Have worked in Kanban delivery process
- Bilingual (French) is required
- Ability to commute to Toronto 1-2 days per week
- Knowledge of virtual assistant technology and devices such as Google assistant, Alexa would be an asset
Whitebox/microservice/API testing JSON files
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns, and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employees' health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle, including an annual mental health day company-wide. PQA Testing is always organizing events that bring all of us closer, even virtually!